Acts 19:11-12 (ESV) And God was doing extraordinary miracles by the hands of Paul, 12 so that even handkerchiefs or aprons that had touched his skin were carried away to the sick, and their diseases left them and the evil spirits came out of them.
Acts 8:13 (ESV) Even Simon himself believed, and after being baptized he continued with Philip. And seeing signs and great miracles performed, he was amazed.
The Working of Miracles is a supernatural intervention by God in the ordinary course of nature or of ordinary events. It stimulates the faith of Christians and astonishes and confounds that of unbelievers.
Ex: The Miracles of Moses – the plagues that came upon Egypt; the splitting of the Nile; the manna from heaven…all are the workings of Miracles.
These where supernatural interventions by God in ordinary events.
Ex: The Miracles of Jesus – The feeding of the 5000, the dead coming to life, the blind seeing, turning water into wine…all are the working of Miracles.
They were supernatural interventions by God in ordinary course of nature.
The working of miracles is used to display God’s power and magnificence.
Through the working of miracles:
- The children of Israel walked across a split river – Moses
- Fire fell from heaven and consumed an altar – Elijah
- A prophet made it thunder and hail – Moses
- A man was given supernatural strength – Samson
- A man took on a Giant, a bear and a lion with his bare hands – David
- Storms where stilled – Elijah, Jesus
- Fishing nets where filled to overflowing – Jesus
- And pots overflowed with oil – Elijah…to name just a few.